Cyprus: Wine, Olive Oil and Cultural Tour
Explore Cyprus: Wine, Olive Oil Cultural Tour
A Memorable Journey Through Cyprus for All Travelers
Are you looking for a memorable experience in Cyprus? Join us on an all-encompassing journey that celebrates culture, knowledge, traditions, and flavors, perfect for travelers of all types, including cruise passengers.
- Christoudia Winery: Our adventure begins as we depart from Limassol. We’ll head to the esteemed Christoudia Winery, where hosts Alexya, Yannis, and Andreas will warmly welcome you. Enjoy a delightful wine tasting session featuring the finest local wines and the option to order a brunch or a delectable cold plate.
- Terra Oliva Organic Farm: Next, we’ll visit the Terra Oliva organic farm, where the Sophocleous family proudly guides guests through their olive tree plantations and beautiful gardens. Marvel at the picturesque Troodos mountain range and explore ancient olive trees, including an 800-year-old olive tree still bearing fruit. Learn about the production of exquisite olive oils and sample their best products, with the opportunity to purchase your favorites.
- Pano Lefkara Village: The journey continues to the charming town of Pano Lefkara, nestled in the Troödos Mountains. Stroll along cobbled limestone streets and admire picturesque architecture. Enjoy an hour of free time to visit local museums, shop for unique handicrafts, relish a delicious meal, or capture the town’s beauty through photography.
- Convenient Drop-off: We’ll ensure a convenient drop-off at your preferred location, whether you’re a cruise passenger or a local traveler.
- Duration: Approximately 5 hours, with the flexibility to accommodate different schedules and preferences.
- We recommend booking with a margin of safety to ensure a stress-free experience.
Why Choose Our Tour:
- All-Inclusive Experience: Our tour is designed to cater to all types of travelers, from cruise passengers to local explorers.
- Authentic Local Experiences: Immerse yourself in the rich culture, flavors, and traditions of Cyprus, guided by knowledgeable hosts.
- Flexibility and Customization: Tailor the tour to your interests, ensuring a personalized and enjoyable experience.
Book your Cyprus tour today and embark on an enriching journey through the heart of the island, where everyone is welcome to discover the best that Cyprus has to offer.
Cyprus: Wine and Oil Cultural Tour from Limassol
The captivating saga of Christoudia Winery unfurls its pages in the vibrant tapestry of 1992. It was during this transformative year that the Christoudia family, the masterminds behind the winery, embarked on a journey to enrich their knowledge and deepen their adoration for the world of enology.
Their story, though, began as a humble hobby, a labor of love. Although the Founders hailed from an entirely different professional realm, their hearts swelled with an unwavering passion for wine. With minimal oenological expertise but a profound love for the craft, the Christoudia family diligently nurtured their ancestral vineyards and ventured into the art of winemaking. Their first attempts found a warm reception among friends and family, inspiring them to take a bold leap forward and establish a petite winery.
Each wine crafted at Christoudia tells its own unique tale, entwined with the rich tapestry of Cypriot tradition, religion, history, and social life.
“We firmly believe that the longevity of Cypriot grape varieties is no mere coincidence. Hence, we have chosen to exclusively cultivate indigenous Cypriot grape varieties in our vineyards, ensuring the grapes’ exceptional quality and producing premium wines.”
For this family, winemaking is a means of connecting with their roots, delving into the land, the environment, and the local community. The philosophy of Christoudia is deeply rooted in their unwavering commitment to offering meticulously crafted wines, from the initial stages of production to the final, exquisite packaging. They aspire to extend their warm hospitality to each visitor, aiming to provide an unforgettable experience at their winery.
In 2001, the Sophocleous family breathed life into Terra Oliva olive farm, driven by an unyielding love for nature, a fervor for organic farming, and a passion for all things olive. Nestled along one of Cyprus’s most popular tourist routes leading to the Machairas Monastery, within the enchanting Lefkara village in the Larnaca region, this organic farm is a testament to modernity and innovation. It features state-of-the-art production facilities constructed from stainless steel, along with the latest models of olive mills.
Beyond its remarkable agricultural prowess, Terra Oliva also offers its picturesque surroundings for photography, making it an ideal backdrop for weddings, modeling shoots, and more. The farm boasts over 7,000 olive trees, some of which have graced the earth for up to a millennium. The “eternal olive tree,” more than a thousand years old and protected by the Cyprus Government, stands as a symbol of their commitment to olive excellence.
Terra Oliva is dedicated to delivering the highest quality olive products, with their Extra Virgin olive oil taking center stage as a cornerstone of a balanced and healthy diet.
Pano Lefkara, the birthplace of Cypriot folk needlecraft art known as “lefkaritiko,” is a place where history, artistry, and culture converge. Revered far beyond Cyprus’s borders, this charming village owes its prosperity to the intricate needlecraft and trade that began in the late 19th century, flourishing throughout the first three decades of the 20th century.
In fact, the village earned international acclaim as one of the “30 most beautiful towns in Europe,” according to the Japanese Association of Travel Agents. Lefkara’s name itself, derived from the Greek for white mountains, echoes the purity of its artistic heritage.
Lefkara’s claim to fame is its silver and lace-making traditions, practices that have been cherished since Venetian times. Strolling along the cobbled streets of the village, one can witness the skillful hands of women crafting exquisite Lefkara lace. In various workshops scattered throughout the town, silver smiths still practice their time-honored craft. Legend has it that even the great Leonardo da Vinci visited Lefkara in 1481 and acquired a lace altar cloth, now proudly displayed in Milan Cathedral.
For tourists, Lefkara’s narrow, winding streets, colorful buildings, and breathtaking vistas of the surrounding landscape offer a glimpse into the heart of Cypriot culture and traditions. It’s a place where time seems to stand still, where the beauty of the past meets the charm of the present, inviting all who visit to experience the essence of Cypriot heritage.
More about The region:
More about Us:
São Tomé, São Tomé and Príncipe: Scuba Diving – Packs of sessionsFrom €312.00 Select date(s)